Thursday, March 3, 2011

Clapton


Rocked.

I seriously considered stopping my post after that first sentence due to its overwhelmingly perfect recap, but I’ll continue. 

We walked into the venue (Olympic Park in Seoul) as Clapton is getting into his first song.  We took our seats and take in our surroundings.  I’m pleased with the seats especially because of the gigantic HD screens on each side of the stage.  They were showing close-ups of Clapton and his nifty guitar work.  I couldn’t help but smile as I sat back and listened to him play his music.  It is amazing to see a guy play every song with so much passion after so many years. 

His setlist was a good mix of classics and new songs from his newest CD.  Nothing surprising there.  He rocked each song and after each he screamed his same “THANK YOU!” into the microphone.  I’m not sure which song I enjoyed the most, but I’m going to say Cocaine only because of the enthusiasm it brought out of the Koreans who came to watch.  Clapton could have played 5 more concerts of equal length and he would still not have played all of the songs I wanted to hear. 

So, Clapton rocked.  I’m sure this statement doesn’t blow you away, as it is a FACT.  Go ahead, look it up.  

I got longwinded and now this post is boring.  I guess I should write these in a timely fashion so it’s fresh in my memory…  I should have left it at “Rocked.”


No comments:

Post a Comment