Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ding Dong the Communist leader is dead

Just moments ago the news of KJ-il's death made its way around all the korean lunch tables.  I have only gotten the opinions of the English teachers' office, but it was much gloomier than I had anticipated.  I was the one who broke the news to them, so of course they went off to do a bit of personal research before talking with me.  I was most surprised by what they think might happen next.  One teacher thinks revolution, one thinks China will drop on by, and they both think the US will have their fingers up North Korea's nose regardless of the situation.  I think a whole lot of thumb twiddling will occur at first, but it would seem the time is right for something a tad bit on the crazy side.  South Koreans want to be reunited with their lost relatives, and others might see economical incentive to take part, but I hope who ever takes over (probably his equally crazy son, KJ-un) something is done about the known labor/prison camps.  

I'm a bit excited to be in South Korea during this historic time.  Perhaps something spectacular happens, or maybe it'll be like 4th of July and you convinced your mom to buy the really big and expensive firework that turns out to be a dud.  Fingers crossed for something to happen that's both safe and leads to progress on the peninsula.  

In Keith news, I had an extremely easy day today as I had 5 of 6 classes get canceled due to the end of the semester.  I should be working on my winter camp plans, but I still have 1/2 a day to make some sort of constructive effort in that department.  For now I will sit on facebook and either share KJ-il jokes, or discuss what will happen in the coming months in regards to SK and NK.  

Hope your day is better than KJ-il's

-keith

No comments:

Post a Comment