Friday, April 27, 2012

BBB day 5

Friday brings day 5 of the BBB.

3 questions were submitted to Matt, I think, and we'll be answering these today.

If you could teach in a different country, where would it be?


I would choose Hong Kong first, no question.  I spent my Lunar New Years in HK in 2011, and welcomed in the year of the Rabbit.  Hong Kong is a unique city/state that has a ton of culture that's unlike anywhere else I've been (mostly because I've never been to Africa).  <-- colonialism jab?  yep.

Otherwise I'd probably choose somewhere in Southeast Asia.  The weather is nicer and more options to travel in neighboring countries.  South Korea is lacking in quality neighbors... Flights to Japan rival LA in price, and once you get there it's still extremely expensive.  China requires an expensive tourist visa that also requires more than 6 months left on your Alien Registration Card.  North Korea also isn't all that friendly to ESL teachers in Korea.

What is the weirdest thing you've eaten and liked and disliked?


I'm not proud of this answer, but it's true.  The weirdest thing I've eaten is dog.  It came in two forms, first was a soup that wasn't all that bad.  The second was just pieces of meat.  That was horrible, and would never eat it again.

Most surprising food that I liked would probably be seaweed.  Seaweed is used in many ways here, most popular is using it to replace salt.  My favorite is probably the squares of seaweed that you wrap around rice.  Surprisingly good!

Last Question:
What is the most memorable lost-in-translation moment in Korea?


taxi rides have so much potential for epic lost-in-translation moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment